Ml 250 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
Anyone have any views , experiences of the 166 ml 250 cdi ??
Thanks

Stuart

Yes, I have had one for about 6 weeks now, and I love it.

I have the ML250CDI Sport, and it is remarkable. Considering its only a 4 pot diesel in a big tank, it is surprisingly quick, has loads of torque, and I am averaging about 35mpg (this seems to be edging up now as the engine beds in and it gets warmer), on a mix of motorway and round town. I have done about 2500 miles so far.

The interior is excellent, incredibly comfortable, and quiet. I had a W163 ML500 a few years ago, and this is light years ahead of that as you would expect. I have not had a 164, I have been in a few, and again I think the W166 is a much better car.

There are a few online reviews such as honest john, that say that it is slow, and noisy. That is really not my experience at all. For everyday driving, it really works for me. And with the running costs of the 250 being significantly lower than the 350, in my opinion it is a no brainer.

Go drive one, I had one for a couple of hours, and I was convinced.

Gratuitous Photo :)

Attachments

• ml.JPG
    ml.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Ml 250

Thanks for the view , I have looked at most of the reviews also and was trying to sift through all the BS that gets mentioned.

All in all it seems to come out p good , the usual iccy complaints about interior plastics was noted but all seemed to mention its refinement positively , this and 35 mpg can't be too bad can it..
I have an eye on one the same colour as yours but were still haggling as I've no part ex .

Will see what the next couple of days bring..

Thanks again, its always better getting it from the horses mouth ..

Stuart

I think on 'paper' the ML250cdi and say the CLS250Cdi just sound wrong...

£45K upwards on a car and its seems odd having a relatively small engine. However as the owner of one has said you would have to drive one. 35+ mpg is pretty good for a big bus.

I've now had the W163 ML and currently just bought a W164 ML so slowly going through the range... Much more rare (at least round here) as RR sports and Discos seem to come free with cereals :)

I actually think it looks great in white (sport) with Pano roof :)

I think on 'paper' the ML250cdi and say the CLS250Cdi just sound wrong...

£45K upwards on a car and its seems odd having a relatively small engine. However as the owner of one has said you would have to drive one. 35+ mpg is pretty good for a big bus.

I've now had the W163 ML and currently just bought a W164 ML so slowly going through the range... Much more rare (at least round here) as RR sports and Discos seem to come free with cereals :)

I actually think it looks great in white (sport) with Pano roof :)
Agreed , white def suits...

Let us know how you get on. As an aside I bought mine through drive the deal new, I paid less for a brand new one, than any of the similarly specced second hand/demonstrator cars sitting on the dealers forecourts. I had to wait 4 months for it, but then it did not have 4k+miles on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom