ml 270 cdi - electric heated seats not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang

Car
ml 270 brabus d4,
hi all . my both front electric heated seats are not working. they both operate correctly at the switch on the dash and the sinlge light then the double light comes on . they do not flash as they say they do if there is a fault re- the owners manual. i have checked all fuses under the bonnet and nothing wrong there. so i have dropped the contol boxes under each seat down and nothing seams blown or burnt out. when i push the heated seat button on the dash the contol panels under the seats click on ( presume relays ?) 1 thing i did find was that the contol boxes click on and off for the other seat. so it seems they are not switching/clicking for that seat but for the other one so is that normal ? also there is 1 less plug under the drivers seat to that under the passengers seat and i think the 1 missing is a white plug and says orange on the box wiring indicator for the plugs , i have looked all under the seat and cant find it ( thought it may have been pulled out ) so presume that is how they are wired ? "1 less plug under the drivers seat ? "

any ideas or things to check ? the electric seat adjustments are fine and the preset memory buttons are fine. just the heated seats.

its a ml 270 cdi 2001

cheers shaun

Hi,
Can,t help regarding why the heated seats are not working, though it does sound like a fuse is blown but as you have checked them it can,t be, though i can shed some light on the one less plug under the drivers seat, it because the passenger seat has an occupancy sensor pad for the SRS (Airbag system). IIRC you should have a yellow plug extra on the passenger seat.

I understand there is a fuse connected to the positive pole on the battery - have you checked this?

It controls heated seats & electric radiator fan & sometimes throws-up a coolant warning light on the dash.

About £10 from MB.

hi all.

thanks will have a look for that one .

hi all.

thanks will have a look for that one .

Just resurrecting this post, did you find a solution to this one? I have an identical problem with my ML270, the heated seat signs come on, don't flash and I can hear the relays working. None of the heated seat panels work.

Thanks

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom