ML 270 CDI not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daver1183

Car
ML270 CDI 2003
Hello.
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction? I have recently replaced the seal on #1 injector and now cannot start the car without easy start. Once started it runs fine at all ranges of rpm. I took it for a good 20 min thrash all at high revs to get the engine warm and to thoroughly leak check the injector. I have replaced the CPS and checked all the fuel lines for air bubbles of which there isn't any. The battery is good and the car turns over normally. It just won't fire. I initially thought it could be a fuel supply issue but the surely it would struggle to run at high revs if that were the case? I am trying to borrow an OBD later in the week to see if there are any codes. There are no lights on the dash either at the moment.
Any ideas gladly received.
Thanks

No the slightest weep on the low pressure fuel pipes (plastic ones) going to the high pressure pump can cause poor starting and not really show many air bubbles. Once running they don’t have any performance issues with this fault, so if they’re damp change them.

Also could be leak back from an injector if you are testing this in to tubes and have more than 10% difference of volume between any injectors that could be your issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom