ML 270 CDI Starting and Running Poorly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike2909

Car
C220 Sport Estate , Vito 639 , ML270
Hi , 2005 ML 270CDI. The vehicle has been fully serviced less than a month ago. It has always started at the first click of the key regardless of the weather. I noticed a couple of weeks back that is wasn't starting on first click but still started well.
On Monday we had the first freeze and it started and died straight away. It then took 3-4 turn overs before it started and kept running. Driving to work 20 miles at (4.30am) and there was just no power and no kickdown. She stayed at speed once there but on hills you could feel her not pulling.
In the mornings it takes time to start but in the afternoons after work she starts better but still not like it was and no power.
I have no days off before Xmas to take the car in again and the garage can't help over the phone. Could anyone suggest what I could check myself please?
Thanks in advance.
I have access to an ICarsoft code reader with the Mercedes software, would it be worth trying that to see if that points me in the right direction?

Last edited:
The morning starting issue sounds like air is getting into the fuel pipes. The seals at the front of the engine/lift pump are very common.

The no power sounds like the MAF is putting it into limp mode, again very common.

If there's no light on it might not tell you much, you could check the voltage of the MAF.

Worth scanning to see if any glow plug codes or other codes in there, I also think (like 91dm) maybe air in the low pressure fuel lines. Look for any air bubbles in the clear plastic pipes, if you can still see through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom