ML 270 Dash warning lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi my old workhorse which is a 2002 ML270 is trying to die and I need to save it can anyone help I do not have a code reader but the 3 warning lights on the left hand side of the dash come on with the ignition and stay on after engine is started they are BAS with ESP underneath ETS next and ABS last I am sure these have not all become faulty together and the driving of the car is not affected at all, can anyone please save my car as it has only just passed its MOT so I would hate to scrap it many thanks Chris

had the same sort of problem on my ml, the problem was the rear sam unit

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a SAM unit is it easily changeable and where is it located and probably most important what does it do thanks

There’s lots it could be from brake light switch to control module, the systems are linked and the same fault wi be bringing all 3 on. You’ll have to start with code read and take it from there

I had similar problems on my 2004 E220 . Local chap said to get a new brake light switch from Mercedes (£12) and he fitted it for a tenner. All the the warning lights went off

I have the iCarsoft MB that you are more than welcome to use to try and diagnose the issue, just south of Maidstone if you want to come over at some point.

Many thanks for the offer car sold now got E class 350 diesel cabriolet

I thought "crikey that escalated quickly", then I saw how long ago you posted the original issue. Ha, glad it's "fixed" :)

Interested to know how it passed it's MOT with the ABS light on ?

It did not I sold it spares or repair without test

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom