ML 270 rear window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ML-Simon

Car
ML 270 cdi
Hi All
First post and it's a problem (what am I like).

I have had my ML 270 cdi for about 4 weeks now and have fixed the peddle with a bolt, had the MAF and inlet manifold replaced. But still have a few thing to get right on it.

Every time a closed the boot it sounded like there was some thing loos.
After some looking around I have found the rear screen can be pulled away from seal.

Is this a common problem?
If so how much did it cost for you to get it fixed?

Thanks
MS-Simon

Every time a closed the boot it sounded like there was some thing loos.
After some looking around I have found the rear screen can be pulled away from seal.

When you mention the above do you mean the rear screen is loose and water can penetrate?

Are you sure you do not have a loose boot trim or top cover on the third rear brake light or do you have a rear numberplate holder that makes a little noise when closing?

can you take a photograph please?

p.s. Welcome to the forum!!! :)

Kind Regards

dokalj

Thanks for your fast reply dokalj
If you pull the glass at the edge it will come away from the seal and you can see passed the joint e.g if I look from the edge and push from the in side I can see my fingers! I would think it should be bonded to the rear frame?

So was I am asking really is "how should the rear glass held on to the boot".

Ask a local windscreen replacement company for a quote to re-bond?

As DSM10000 mentions ask a local windscreen company.

The whole rear windscreen will have to come out, however be prepared in case they damage it and inform you that a replacement is required.

Maybe get it fixed before the winter sets in? Would this be covered in your insurance?

Lastly, which edge are you referring to? Top or bottom and does water enter the vehicle when you wash it?

Thanks DSM10000
That was what I was thinking just needed to check with other owners that is how it should be.

So it was the bottom edge on both sides. Facing the back of the car, the left hand side had the bigger problem. Although I don't mind spending cash on the car to keep it how it should be £200+ for a new window seemed a bit much. So off to Halfords for some silicone glue/bond for windows.
It took some time to get it around the inside of the window and did both left and right outside (between glass and door). This has worked well and the in no movement or sound. It also only cost £10.
I will post again if there is any change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom