ML 270Cdi Sound Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Now that i've got comand and the phone & the Tv all working fine, has anyone got any ideas how to beef up the sound in my wifes 2002 (facelift) ML.

WE use the Rear TV for DVD films thru a PS2 at present but expect to add a dedicated DVD player soon and it would be good to play the film soundtrack thru the cars uprated sound system.

We dont really want a huge bass unit in the rear as we drop the seats a lot for load carrying trips etc.

any help/advice gratefully received.

:)

Originally posted by steve_bcs

We dont really want a huge bass unit in the rear as we drop the seats a lot for load carrying trips etc.

:)

Come to the GTG, watch 2 minutes of any action DVD in Koolvin's car and tell me that again. :D

Yeah but Koolvins car has a boot doesn't It?

What about a bass unit under the front passenger seat?? I heard the OEM Bose system puts one there.

Trust me, despite how good it may sound there is no way wifey will allow her shopping space to be compromised! :D

If you dont want a huge bass unit but want some more punch, why not have a look at a Kenwood KSC WA62RC. Its a small self powered Mini sub, small enough unit to fit under your passenger seat but weighs around 10 Kg.

kscwa62rc.jpg

Click here for some reviews

That kenwood jobby sounds just right - thanks spike

Anyone know how it connects to comand? does it just tie into the main speaker ISO plug & Power feed?

It will accept both line out or speaker outputs.

The power feed will need to be plumbed in somewhere, probably best linked through a relay to your electric arial feed unless your command unit has a built in remote power on feed.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sp!ke
electric arial feed unless your command unit has a built in remote power on feed.

The aerial is in the heated screen on the ML

Not sure about the remote power on feed bit for comand?

Would the power that comand feeds out to the CD changer be of the correct kind? ie it is only live when comand is switched on?

hi steve that would work but i dont know how much current draw the sub would have, more than the cd changer i reckon :eek:

So might be best to run a live feed from the fuse box, have a relay fitted and have the comand cd changer power output switch the relay.

Cheers

kenny

Yep, I recon Hash is right on that one.

Its not a hard job and most ICE installers would fit it for you relatively cheaply if you wanted. Personally I would prefer to do it myself knowing that no corners were cut or perhaps more aptly....spliced.

Great Idea Kenny & thanks Spike

I agree thats sounds like the "proper" solution & it's something I can do my self no probs!

Cheers guys

I'll let you know how I get on .....

just one more thing .. (as Columbo is fond of saying just as you think the conversation is over! )

I noticed that Kenwood also do a base tube of similar proportions to the other one

Any thoughts on which is the better unit ?

Kenwood tube

I might stand corrected but I think the Tube is quite a bit larger.

Bigger is obviously better but it all depends if its going to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom