ML 320 (WDC163) Drivers footwell leak!

• Thread starter Deleted member 153906
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 153906

Hi all. Im totally new to this and would appreciate a little help if you could point me in the right direction or if youve had similar problems.

I have a 1998 ML 320. Only done 80k and I love it. Quite a few rattles on the enterior but generally in good condition, only one owner before me, and that was for family run abouts in London. But I've since discovered a problem.

Recently I located a leak that was drenching the drivers footwell during heavy rain, via a point just above the accelerator sort of in the pillar looking up towards the windscreen. As you look up from the footwell into the open area there is a pipe that comes down from the windscreen, this has become detached from the rest of the pipe and hence lets water drip into the footwell.

I've been told by a mechanic to see if I can get hold of a new pipe in its entiriety.

My questions is, what exactly am i asking for when I look for one?Windscreen drainage pipe...scuttle pipe?

On a seperate note. Its one of the ones with a full front to back sun roof......that apprently the seller said theyd taken the fuse out to stop the kids using it. Shame it looks great fun, but ive read they are a problem. Any experience with these extneded

If anyone has another option then Im all ears.

Many thanks,
J

Take a picture of the pipe and pop into a MB dealer and they will look it up for you.

Leave the Lamella closed. They are a real pain when the stick open and they do often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom