ML 320CDI Dipstick

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrsdoyle

Hello. I wonder if anyone can help. I have a 2007 ML 320 CDI and i just had the oil changed at Mercedes (France) the morning after the change i checked the oil level and the oil only came up a third of the way on the dipstick scale.

I called them and they said they had put in 8 and a half litres.

My question is, should the reading be higher on the scale or does this sound right.

Thanks.

FRANCE :doh:

Was the car hot? Was it on level ground? Did you wait 5 mins after switch off to check the level?

Hello.
Yes it was cold engine first thing in the morning on level ground.
Am i wrong in thinking that the correct ammount of oil would be at max on the dipstick.

Thanks.

Bear in mind when the engine has warmed the oil level rises so you could check level 5-10 minutes after a run. Your level sounds possibly a bit light but the above will help you find out. Max. on dipstick is desirable when engine is warm.

The engine has to be hot. 20 mins of driving as a minimum. It's all in the manual.

Dipstick

Sorry for the delay in replying.
I did check the level after hot and it was about three quarters full. So i guess that is probably correct. If it was full when cold and the level went up when hot i presume that would be bad.

Thanks everyome for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom