ML 320cdi Shudder when stopping engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smart320

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Toyota RAV4 3dr , SLK55amg, ML320 (2 ) A210 , E320 ( all gone )
Just acquired a 2007 ML 320cdi, with 42 k mileage and FMBSH.
When turning the engine off about 50% of the time I get what feels like a
' Shudder ' , not like my E 320 cdi which just stopped without any vibration. Wondering if it is a bad engine mount.
Also after using kick down to 4000 revs and then coming off the throttle I get a bit of vibration through the throttle peddle, engine pulls very well and is smooth, other than a fast idle at approx 900 revs it seems fine.
Any thoughts?

Just acquired a 2007 ML 320cdi, with 42 k mileage and FMBSH.
When turning the engine off about 50% of the time I get what feels like a
' Shudder ' , not like my E 320 cdi which just stopped without any vibration. Wondering if it is a bad engine mount.
Also after using kick down to 4000 revs and then coming off the throttle I get a bit of vibration through the throttle peddle, engine pulls very well and is smooth, other than a fast idle at approx 900 revs it seems fine.
Any thoughts?

My thoughts: 900 revs at idle is too fast so what is causing this?

I would get that checked first as it may cause irregular running or when turning off?

My V6 320cdi idles at 750revs and only stops badly when switched off in Drive if i put it in Park as you are supposed to it stops fine.

Am getting used to the drive/ park being on a stalk, will make 100% sure I put it in Park before turning off and see if it still has a shudder! Have a long 400 mile return trip planned in about a week, will see how an 'Italian tune up ' and some decent Shell diesel effects the running. If no better will take to my Merc Indi for a Star session and check over., it was serviced at main MB dealer only 500 miles ago at 41.5 k miles, however it has a glow plug fault so have already agreed with the garage who sold it ( not MB ) to get a new set of 6 installed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom