ML 350 vs 350 Inspiration - the difference?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ik356

Hi - wonder if anyone can help me out as I am just about to buy my ML but can't find anywhere the difference between a ML 350 and a ML 350 Inspiration.

I read on a earlier discussion someone say he went for the Inspiration because it has extras but there was no mention of the extras.

Secondly, I have no idea what these ML's are worth. Can anyone provide some indication on how much I should be paying for a 350 Inspiration on a 04 plate with less than 30k miles?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

From memory the inspiration has:
tinted rear light clusters
bonnet with twin bulges (AMG style)
silver bonnet grille (AMG style)
chrome accents (eg taigate handle)
leather & alcantara interior trim
unique wheels

I think they also have a different wood-effect trim on the dash.

Might be a few other bits I can't remember!!

Hello,

If I had my 'normal' connection I would post some pics.Currently off broadband... I looked at 'normal' ML's but after seeing the inspiration model it does seem a lot nicer... (duck and run)

It has 17" Inspiration alloys (275 tyres..I think)
Leather steering wheel and gear knob, stitched gear suround
Stiched Leather AMG seating (same as ML55)
Chrome front grille and lower radiator grille
Chrome dial rings
Dark wood interior
Chrome door sills
Inspiration Mats
Inspiration Side badges

Mine has the dark windows but thats with the family pack (includes rear seats and opening rear windows)

Found the pics of mine on another thread...

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35721&highlight=inspiration

Thanks guys for the information. I am now an owner of a ML350 Inspiration after drving BMW's for the last 5 years.

I have the family pack but dont think the rear vents open, they are certainly not electric. That was one frustrating point about this car but the point I can't get my head around is why Parking sensors are not standard on such a big car? I can't believe the person I purchased it from did not go for this option!

To think I was going to buy a voyager, then again it would have saved me around £7k!

Hi and welcome! I have an ML350 Inspiration too and love it :bannana:. I was as amazed as you that they didn't put parking sensors on, BUT I'm finding it very easy to park. You're high up and with the a squared off back means it's easy to judge. The ML petrol models are always going to be harder to sell than a diesel, but the Inspiration model is more sought after.

Enjoy!

p.s Fuel economy not as bad as I thought too!

Welcome to the ML brotherhood, world domination just around the corner.

There seems to be a lot of interest in ML's just recently, have people finally realised what a superb vehicle they are?

Welcome to the ML brotherhood, world domination just around the corner.

There seems to be a lot of interest in ML's just recently, have people finally realised what a superb vehicle they are?

Maybe the hangover of the pre-facelift versions has passed now? BUT since the prices of those have suffered, it's a lot of car for the money. It's one of those or a new high spec Vauxhall Corsa :crazy:

Hello,

I swapped my BM for my ML and love it, do miss the roof down driving but cannot have everything.

I've just (Tuesday night) Fitted rear parking sensors to mine only took me 4.5 hrs !!! and then tuesday put the trim back together and fitted the head unit to dash.

Once I'm back on Broady band I will post pics, I'm quite happy with the results.

Agree its not bad to park as quite flat at the back, and I could always attach the towbar and could have used that as sensors......

Post some pics of yours when you can.

cheers

Last edited:
Excellent purchase.

I had a facelifted ML320 with just about every extra possible on it. It was a great car. Even the fuel consumption wasnt bad either. The only downside was the prodigious rate at which it ate brake pads and disks. Other than that, a great car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom