ML 420 2007 Registration Alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mannex

Car
Mercedes benz ML420
Hi

I have a Mercedes Benz ML420 2007 registration and the alarm at times goes on, on its own. the problem is becoming worse, at times it goes on about 10 or so times in a day and I keep on turning it off. If I go out shopping I find it sounding in the car park. it can be in locked or unlocked position no difference.

Any help much appreciated

Welcome to the forum OP, common issue on mercs, it will the siren controller located under (normally one of the front wheels behind the liner).
The batteries inside corrode and the unit dies, easy to replace, just one bold and connector.
Most time is spent getting the liner (and the wheel if needed) for access.
Trip to your local dealer for the part if you are competent for the part.

Hello and welcome , Not you car but it gives you the idea. many people just locate it then un plug it . When they go faulty they can throw up all sorts of oddball things . One I disconnected on a C class (not mine) would just start the hazard lamps flashing when the car was parked , or unlock it in the middle of the night and sometimes make a whining sound.

Some say those things can not be related but since unplugging it a few years back none of those faults have returned. It is reccommended not to buy a refurbished one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom