ML 7 Seat conversion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wilsonuk

Car
ML320 cdi / AM Vantage / Jaguar XJ / formerly SL350 and E320cdi
Not being lazy here, I've Googled this and can only find a thread from back in 2007 from this site that lists a link for a company called 'Luxury7' which no longer works.

So, are there any speicalist companies out there that anyone knows about who can make an 06 plate ML320 into a 7 seater? I would get a GL, but the missus is in love with her ML and thinks the GL is too big :doh:

Advice please...

While you are waiting for a reply - any 4x4 snow your way ?

Nope, it's a beautiful day in Soton, but I'm travelling to Newcastle Upon Tyne on Sunday so think I'll be taking the ML eh!?

Good luck, never used the ML in the snow (bought March 10), but not long to wait now...

Good luck, never used the ML in the snow (bought March 10), but not long to wait now...

Hiya,

I have a W163 from 2002. It has been in the snow an awful lot over it's career.....to be absolutely honest; it was pretty rubbish.

I have General Grabber trail/road tyres on it (always used) and a 210BHP/400Nm torque upgrade. On compacted snow/ice - same ability as every other vehicle, no traction, just harder to stop when it slides as they are 2.2 tons.

In terms of traction on loose or "fluffy" snow - okay'ish. But the feedback from the chassis and gearbox is very poor. It will get through quite a bit, but you have to drive it carefully and guess where grip is and trust the electronics which, to be fair, are not really that adept for extreme conditions - being a standard 5 speed auto with low range box.

You would probably do as well in soft snow with a narrow wheeled, diesel, front wheel drive car.....like a Peugeot 206.

This is just IMHO - I have had my ML since new in 2002. And we have a Land Rover - no comparison in terms of 4 x 4 ability with the Land Rover.....or in terms of Luxery with the ML!

As for New ML's....your on your own! I have no idea!

Not being lazy here, I've Googled this and can only find a thread from back in 2007 from this site that lists a link for a company called 'Luxury7' which no longer works.

So, are there any speicalist companies out there that anyone knows about who can make an 06 plate ML320 into a 7 seater? I would get a GL, but the missus is in love with her ML and thinks the GL is too big :doh:

Advice please...

Hi

That could have been my thread??
I contacted luxury 7 at the time and they said that they couldnt do the conversion on the new ML

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom