ML Bonnet star

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hash

Car
Audi A8 08 with lots of toys & volvo XC90
hi all we have a 2003 ML and i would like to , if possiable fit a normal merc bonnet star and ideas if this has been done or indeed can be done?

The one that stands up not the flat one that it comes with

sad i know but thought it would look good

cheers

kenny

There are posts on the forum about how to remove the bonnet star and replace with a flat badge on most saloon models, maybe yours would be a reverse process? You could try a search on bonnet star or badge removal.

As an aside, would you change the grille insert so that you don't have the big star emblem in the grille? The only reason I ask is that I've seen a number of W201's and W124's that have put in a big grille Star but also have the bonnet Star and with the two together I think it looks kinda overkill, just my thoughts.

S.

Individual idea.

PLEEEEEEASE don't have both stars though. As Steve says - looks wrong.

Maybe if you PM Shude he could do you a photoshop image of what it might look like...........

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Maybe if you PM Shude he could do you a photoshop image of what it might look like...........

That's a really good idea. :) Nick has helped me recently by manipulating an image of my car with a couple of ideas I have in the pipeline. :D Shude (a.k.a. Nick) is the master when it comes to digital image editing, his recent threads in the general forum shows his skill to great effect. Hehe though I'm sure the last thing he needs at the moment is a queue of potential modders ;) :p

S.

How about this Mock up ive made?

mlbadge.jpg

BBW top man thanks for the mock up have a banana :bannana:

see what you all mean about the 2 stars though...........might have to be a custome job as there does not appear to be any space under the bonnet for the normal star mount.

i'll let you all have a pic if i can find a away to do it tastefully........:rolleyes:

cheers

kenny

I removed the big star from the grill. It looks a bit silly without it though! Maybe if it was the chrome ML55 AMG grill it might look better?

Attachments

• mlbadge.jpg
    mlbadge.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom