ML Common Faults.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zoffhayward

Car
W251 R500 Sport. W221 S600L.
Hi All,

I am thinking of buying an ML430, I have a W210 Estate and a CLK convertible, both with this engine. I'm usually pretty good at picking decent cars, we have been running older mercs for 15 ish years back the 123 series estates, are there any areas that I should pay special attention to? Thanks

Whilst we are on this subject I would also like the panels advice on the ML. You all know my thoughts on this and my experiences with the 52 plate one I had. My mate has just been offered a 54 plate ML 350 Petrol at an unbelievably good price. SO my question to the panel is is the 54 plate 350 better than the 52 plate 320 I had? and as the OP what are the known problems? going to look at this tomorrow for him.

Mine's 8 years old. A bit of rust near the tailgate release, and peeling varnish on the C pillars is all. Not massive mileage, but I've been happy.

Mine's 8 years old. A bit of rust near the tailgate release, and peeling varnish on the C pillars is all. Not massive mileage, but I've been happy.

What sort of MPG do you get, around town , motorway ,mixed

cheers and apologies for thread hijack but hope my questions will help OP

Ian

I had a 2006 ML 350 petrol for 6 years and 50k miles no trouble except for the TPS. Consumption was around 18/20 in town and 27 on a run which is'nt to bad. If you get a good one you can't go wrong. Don't now why I got rid of it. Put it in Part X for a 350 Bluetec dealer sold it on within a week for a quick 4k profit, I had it advertised for a month and didn't get one call

Ian

I had a 2006 ML 350 petrol for 6 years and 50k miles no trouble except for the TPS. Consumption was around 18/20 in town and 27 on a run which is'nt to bad. If you get a good one you can't go wrong. Don't now why I got rid of it. Put it in Part X for a 350 Bluetec dealer sold it on within a week for a quick 4k profit, I had it advertised for a month and didn't get one call

Thanks

This ones on a 54 plate and although I hate the term it is fully loaded with loads of options, command etc.. If its any good he can have it for a shade over £3k its got to be good at that surely???? but my bad ownership experience weighs on my mind and often clouds my judgement :eek:

Do W163 facelift ML's suffer the Valeo radiator issue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom