ML Dave: Unwanted braking!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MLDave

Car
2002 ML 320
Hi everybody, HHEELLLPPPP! I have a 2002 ML320 (V6 petrol) that went into the garage for a burst brake pipe, there was nothing wrong with the car prior to this. The garage fitted a new pipe bunged an MOT on it and told me to pick it up, all fine and dandy. Then the mechanic went out in it, about two mile, and on his return the brakes decided to come on automatically, slow at first but eventually brought the car to a stop. He left it a while and managed to get it back to the garage, he went out again and the same happened. This problem has now outgrown the skills of this particular mechanic but I don't want, if I can possibly help it, to have it taken to a main dealer. I have researched this problem but without much success, the only thing that keeps cropping up is to replace the Lateral acceleration sensor (yaw rate sensor), I have told the garage this but they say it can't be this sensor, has any of you wonderful people got any ideas?

Cheers: Dave

put on star machine n see and clear error codes see if it happens again, alternatively google it n c what comes up,

The obvious candidate is the new brake pipe as its the only thing that's changed. If its partially blocked for some reason [ wrongly fitted/poor quality/ wrong size/ manufaturing defect] then the brake pedal may force fluid into the caliper but it wont return naturally allowed the brake caliper to release

Just guessing ... maybe the wheel speed sensor has been damaged, but best bet is a diagnostics tool for sure.

I'd check that brake pipe.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom