Ml door barrel lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R80tak

Car
Ml320cdi Edition 10
Hi all

My barrel lock is broken so can't use my key if the battery goes.

Main dealers want £200 for a new barrel!! :eek:

Any know where i can get one from without paying rediculous prices?

Thanks.

In what way is it broken?
Will the key blade fully enter the lock and will it turn left & right?
What year is the car?

Dec

Iv had the entire locking mechanism including the barrel. The key turns but the part at the back of the barrel won't.

I had a flat battery a couple of months ago and needed to use the key, it was quite stiff to turn but it suddenly went with a click and unlocked, couple of days later i opend the door without unlocking with the keyfob and the alarm went off, it locks now with the keyfob but the key in the barrel wont do anything, hens new key barrel :(

Have you tried dismantling and lubricating the barrel , its unusual for a door lock barrel… that is usually operated by remote fob… to fail for any other reason other than corrosion due to lack of use. The W202 in the link below may be very similar to your ML.
See bottom of this page… W202 Ignition key won’t turn past 1 or 2 - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

See also … http://www.starpartz.co.uk/products...er-with-key-workshop-version-either-side.html

If you open the door without first disarming the alarm with the remote key fob then the alarm will go off, that’s normal, the metal key blade is for emergency locking/unlocking only, it won’t disarm the alarm.

Dec

If i lock the door with the keyfob i can still open the door lol, very odd but yes i think the the barrel was'nt used and has seized up.
i'll have a look at the links and let you know.
thanks for the help Dec, much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom