ML Electric windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wacko74

Car
ML 300
Evening all

I’ve got an issue with the front windows on the ML
A few weeks ago on a frosty morning I thought the windows weee defrosted and went to wind then down so I had better vision
Unfortunately they hadn’t quite defrosted and after a brief second they went down with a clunk
Now they both still work but when they close fully they close and then open again as if they kick in the anti crush
Is there a way of resetting this or have I broke it

You had to do that procedure three times in a row to get my 2006 GL windows to reset. No I am not kidding. Can’t remember who advised me from the forum but sure enough three times in a row and the auto up and down started working again. I put it down to the German sense of humour.

thanks for the info
quick question, do you start the procedure with the window closed?

I think it was start from open. Up and hold for 5 then open. Repeat three times.

Gave this a go while I was sitting in traffic yesterday and hey presto both windows working as they should
Thanks for your help guys 👍

Reactions: Ted
Hooray! That little fix was my second favourite MB world of weirdness. My favourite was the need to put specific brand rear lamps in otherwise the error sensing freaked out! It’s just not true that German engineers don’t have a sense of humour.

It took 3 attempts in my W213 recently. Wish I'd seen this thread a week ago :confused:

I did it twice on each one to be honest and it worked a treat

You had to do that procedure three times in a row to get my 2006 GL windows to reset. No I am not kidding. Can’t remember who advised me from 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 the forum but sure enough three times in a row and the auto up and down started working again. I put it down to the German sense of humour.
that's what I did to mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom