ml headlight upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazz270

Car
2001 ml 270cdi
i have a 2001 ml with the earlier headlights and want to upgrade to the 2001 facelift lights,has anyone done this and have a wiring diagram,ive had a look at at the newer ones and they seem to have different wiring plugs.
All the mountings look the same.

cheers
Gareth

Can anyone tell me on the later facelift lights 2002 on if the dipped beam is on the inner of outer part of the lamp,the side light bulb is on the inner which makes me think so is the dipped beam.

cheers
Gareth

The beam is on the inner part where the side light bulb is. The dipped beam is on the outer lens.

cheers,all fitted and working,just 3 wires to swap over.
only thing ive not sussed is the headlamp up an down adjustment from inside car so ive left that disconnected,i dont tow anything with the ml so that shouldn't affect anything,ive taken some pictures but cannot seem to get them on here,

Gareth

Are these Xenon lights? If so, they are self-levelling and can't be controlled from cabin.

no they're just basic projectors,there is a multi plug on the back of the unit to connect to but i will have to try and get the corresponding multi plug from mercs before i can connect them up.

You may want to hook one of the headlamps to 12V adaptor and see if you can locate up/down control pins. I used this method when upgrading to facelift mirrors on my old ML.

i was just a bit worried about getting the polarity the wrong way around and frying something

They look clean and good. How about mirror covers with indicators? Quite an easy mod.

its on the to do list as soon as i find some at a reasonable price,ive seen some non oem on ebay for about £60 delivered but not sure if non genuine ones will have the same fit as oem.

These were always available via ebay, they have never been OEM. The quality is surprisingly good though, they fit OK. Had them for a while too.

5315503071_98a5d026dd_z.jpg

Is that the original bumper,are they just aftermarket fogs,
what year is that,looks good,

1999 ML320
OEM Colour Coded Bumper
Fogs Hella Micro DE

before the conversion i was going to put a hid conversion into the original units,
might try them in these now,

I have installed the project type headlights in my ML 320 1999, same as you I have problem with connectors fitting the harness made by beckers.com (a US site) is too expensive, could you please help by describing in detail how you connected the cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom