ml longer front shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyboyt

Car
ml270
hello,
im looking for some longer front shocks for my ml270 163 ml,
does any one know where i can get these from? or even made
thanks in advance
andy

Why do you want longer "shocks", it is the springs that determine the ride height and the springs that are the shock absorbers.

Why do you want longer "shocks", it is the springs that determine the ride height and the springs that are the shock absorbers.

hello i have highered my ml and the front shocks are limiting the about i can lift the vehicle, so i need longer shocks

I assume you have raised the vehicle by adjustment of the torsion bars?? You will have to purchase ride height adjustable shocks the standard MB part no is A1633260400 usually made by BOGE/SACHS.
ORC.DE used to do suspension lift kits.. American forum reports that ML FRONT SHOCKS can be replaced by 2001 Ford F150 PICKUP REAR SHOCKS to yield a couple more inches

Hi yes I have had lift kits made, I have 12mm, 20mm and 25mm kits, I have removed the front torsion bars rotated 2 teeth on the adjuster and reinstalled, now I need longer front shocks so they don't bottom out, are you saying the mb ones are longer?

Hi yes I have had lift kits made, I have 12mm, 20mm and 25mm kits, I have removed the front torsion bars rotated 2 teeth on the adjuster and reinstalled, now I need longer front shocks so they don't bottom out, are you saying the mb ones are longer?

No sorry I was confusing you. I merely quoted the standard MB part no and their manufacturer as maybe a help in specifying any new longer shocker you might want to use. i.e. would help if you went to SACHS and said I want a shocker with these same mounts and bump/rebound characteristics --- only longer by "x " centimeters???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom