ML manual gearboxes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I was interested to read about MB reliability. After many years of Japanese reliability, I bought a new ML 2.7CDI with manual gearbox only have to fail it (jumping out of 1st gear) in under 400 miles. Is this a record?

Update on ML manual gearbox- now on 3rd gearbox having reached a mighty 700 miles. Replacement box found to be defective, hence now on 3rd box.

Tough luck mate.:devil:

Can't help you but thought I would at least acknowledge that some-one has read your query mate. At time of reply 61 people had read it.

Hi. I have a 270 with a manual gearbox. 2000model. Bought the car when it had domne 124000kms on the clock. Apparently the box on this had to be changed because the syncro failed at around 90000kms. The clutch failed at 120000kms and it is not advisable to put in afrermarket clutch or religned as lasted only 100kms. Replaced with genuine and hey presto. Being towing my racecar with it since, no problem. But now I have leaky inlet manifoold flappy thoings. they tell me it is a major.

manual ml's... ive heard a lot of nightmare stories about these.... cant really help you mate, other than to say take it back and get an auto!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom