ML Speed Pulse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dj235

Car
ML430
Hi

I have a 1999 ML430 and have fitted a Comand 2 unit. I am having trouble locating the speed pulse. I have fitted a CAN BUS adaptor and linked pin 1 on conector A to pin 6 on C1. Got a ready made lead from Germany. But the system tells me I am always off road and dosen't track my progess.

I have looked around this site and a few threads that indicate the cable maybe in the passenger footwell, had a quick look but could not find any cables.

Can anybody help.

DJ235

Dj235 said:
Hi

I have a 1999 ML430 and have fitted a Comand 2 unit. I am having trouble locating the speed pulse. I have fitted a CAN BUS adaptor and linked pin 1 on conector A to pin 6 on C1. Got a ready made lead from Germany. But the system tells me I am always off road and dosen't track my progess.

I have looked around this site and a few threads that indicate the cable maybe in the passenger footwell, had a quick look but could not find any cables.

Can anybody help.

DJ235

In what way did you fit the canbus adaptor ? Was it an original Benz item ?

Can Bus

Hi

It was the genuine Mercedes item. I got the instructions and part numbers for fitting from a CD I bought on eBay. The adaptor pluged into the wireing loom at the rear of the gearbox and the cables for the "speed pluse" came up to the radio section.

DJ235

Dj235 said:
Hi

It was the genuine Mercedes item. I got the instructions and part numbers for fitting from a CD I bought on eBay. The adaptor pluged into the wireing loom at the rear of the gearbox and the cables for the "speed pluse" came up to the radio section.

DJ235

Does your illumination work ? Does the map go darker when the lights go on ?

What about calibration ? Did you set the location and tyre size ?

Comand

The illumination is fine and works with the lighting on the car. I have calibrated the tyres and location. The sat nav pick up my position and will show roughley where i am but it's allways off a digitised road.

I got the person who i bought the unit off to swapt it and the new one is exactly the same.

Dj235 said:
The illumination is fine and works with the lighting on the car. I have calibrated the tyres and location. The sat nav pick up my position and will show roughley where i am but it's allways off a digitised road.

I got the person who i bought the unit off to swapt it and the new one is exactly the same.

Which model COMAND did you buy?

It should be A163 820 36 89 or A163 820 14 89.

Sounds to me like your speed pulse isnt working properly or you have the wrong COMAND for your car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom