Ml w163 270 - egr - pipes - manifold - cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Jane270ML said:
We've all been there, take your time, do the EGR shunt mod, and if you have the manifold off - do the inlet port motor shunt mod.
how can I do that ?

Mine runs a bit sluggish so I was think of cleaning the manifold and check the flaps??? Is there a How to for these?? Thanks in advance..

Hi Sudesh,

I have a G270CDI with a blown turbo, so I have to do some work on the car. I have followed you instructions for cleaning the EGR last year, however I did not have the time to take off the manifold entirely.

No I have come to this item, how do you take off the inlet manifold? The G is even more roomier than the ML, however it seems impossible to reach under the manifold to loosen the bolts. Any chance you can point me in the right direction here or any other readers?

Anybody also have the part number for the oil seperator?

Thank you for the tutorial! Respect!

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, I did not have the EGR shunt yet.

Still my question remains what the best way is for removing the inlet manifold, nuts are impossible to reach seems?

Last edited:
Hi Sudesh,Im so Impressed with your pics man they are unbelievable! I have a question as im new to Mercs, I have a 2004 ML270 Cdi,which i have just bought and found many a fault with it! First being the other day i started school run as usual and found my baby was very sluggish,i have a performance chip in it and it went well,now when i put my foot down there seems to be nothing? It pulls away ok but i cant seem to get it past the 60mph mark? Is this something to do with the EGR or is it something else? Please Can you HELP or throw me some ideas i can check!.Many thanks to you and anyone else that can throw some light on this.I have only owned the car for 3months and im already depressed!!.Thanks to all Dave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom