ML W163 - Who's pinched the Brake Light Switch?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

michael8554

Car
(ML270CDI, A160 W168) - 2007 A150 W169
The ESP BAS light came on in my 2005 W163 ML 270CDI towards the end of a long journey.
From memory of similar threads I was fearful of it locking the gear selector and going into limp mode if I stopped or switched off.
The next day I re-read the threads and decided to change the Brake Light Switch as a precautionary measure.
I supplied my local MB dealer the VIN number and the part number A001 545 64 09.
He came back with a newer part number A001 545 95 09/05, but was out of stock,
While I was waiting for it to come into stock I decided to take out the old switch for comparison with the new part.
Well, there was the correct hole in the brake pedal mounting, and the pad on the brake pedal that actuates the switch, but the switch was missing, and no sign of the wiring and connector!
One thread suggested the switch is now on the Brake Booster, but although there are items with plugs and wiring attached to the booster, I can't see a similar switch.
The ESP BAS light has gone out and the car is behaving fine.
My Carsoft 7.4 showed a stored comms error, nothing current.
Any ideas folks, or have MB given me the wrong part?
Cheers
Michael

I know that some W203 has only one 'combined' sensor in booster, but can't remember saying that also W163 would have similar system. Here is part picture (LHD car :)) which shows pretty much normal BLS to me:
http://images.neoriginal.ru/index.p...602.gif&hash=964388df2cab48e46cfe94f4d16aa885 (of course that does not mean that there are variations where sensor is not like that :dk:)

Thanks mersum1es
The part MB gave me looks like 29 in the diagram, and would fit in my ML in the usual position behind the brake switch, but there's no wiring in place to connect to it, and the brake lights are working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom