ML W164 door lock problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sojy

Car
ML 320 w164 2005
My W164 2005 ML has cannoning rear locks, seems like this is quite common. On ebay someone is selling springs that supposedly can repair the lock for £10 each. I have been quoted about £600 for two new door actuators. Has anyone any experience of this? There are also some door locks for sale on ebay from scrapped MLs which look worth a try. dont want to spend £600 and find it hasnt fixed it anyway. can anyone help?

Buy the springs off e bay. It's worth a shot for money saving. We have repaired many c and e locks but not ml's. I'm sure it's worth the chance

thanks I prob will, hope it is not too difficult to do, the cannoning is driving me crazy!

I know this was a while ago but...... just bought a 2005 ML500 with this going on on the n/s rear door. Having had the car 2 weeks found out yesterday it wasn't always locking - no problem in Cornwall where I live BUT 1st 2 nights I had it it was parked on a dodgy public car park in Bilston!! -verrrry lucky. Took it in for quick health check yesterday to the local Merc independent garage and asked. He said a bit needed replacing and could be a bit costly. Thought I'd check on the forum tonight which led to this thread. Several Youtube vids later and slotting a cable tie down the side of the .... "thing that goes up and down to lock the door" - no idea what it's called, coupled with a bit of WD40 and OMG - sorted!! - 5 mins and less than £0.02!!
The first cable tie didn't work, too thin. Second worked a treat (bit thicker). Literally trying to provide enough resistance to prevent it bouncing, like the spring that's broke and is causing the issue was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom