ml W164 rear shocks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M666LFF

Car
Ml 320 2007
whilst I have been off work and doing a few jobs on the car I had a look at the rear shocks and they don't appear to be in the best condition it passed the Mot a couple of months back no problem .
But I am thinking of maybe changing the rear shocks , bilstien from ecp are about £219 for the pair if I get the springs (sach) too its about £440 .
Are the shocks something that can be changed on the drive ?
I tow a caravan hence thinking it might be a good idea to do the shocks at least .
The springs seem to have a rubber bit o the top of the spring which seems to be crumbling would any one know if this a separate part from the spring ?

If you're car doesn't have airmatic, I would suggest getting in contact with some of the mercedes garages on ebay as they aren't that pricey and they will tell you which ones you need with the springs.

Ok I will see what the prices are like and no I don't have airmail.
My question was really more can the shocks be changed fairly easily on the drive at home

Apologies, you can change them on the drive if you have a good selection of tools. An impact wrench and an additional jack will most likely come in handy :thumb:

Cheers I found a how to on you tube looks like the worst part is removing all the internal trim to get too the top bolts

No worries, taking the trim off isn't that bad. Just remember to label all the parts :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom