ML Wheels on a CLS ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David J

Car
Mercedes CLS320 CDi
Hi Ive been offered a set of 22" (aftermarket) alloys prev fitted to an ML. ET38 5x112 bore 66mm 10 inch - would these fit my 07 CLS ??
tyres are 295x30x22

No they won't fit. 20" is the largest diameter recommended without fouling the calipers, arches or struts. The ET is wrong too.

Cool ,back to the drawing board to be honest I thought 22" was being a bit optimistic but trying to find a decent set of 20" without kerb rash is proving quite difficult

No they won't fit. 20" is the largest diameter recommended without fouling the calipers, arches or struts. The ET is wrong too.
g.png
Agreed with you

you can make any wheels fit any car, it comes down to offsets, tyre sizes, and the ride height, i would always say if you can, try a test fit..

I am fitting 18x10.5 et5 and 18x9 et10 wheels to my CLS

I generally use willtheyfit.com to work out the new vs old

according to this I will have an extra 40.8mm of poke on the rear vs my current stock wheels on the cls, and about 20mm extra on the front,

which seems loads but in real world a little tyre stretch and height tweak and thats fine,

I have run 18x12jj et0 wheels on other cars and then some... I would say if you have been offered them, test fit 1, see how they look, do a bounce test, and make your own mind up, dont be a purist :) :)

I know 22s may seem large, but as said, if you end up running something like a 20 profile tyre, it would not be massively different to running a 20 with a 45 profile tyre or something close (just a guestimate)

my only warning would be on the front of the CLS at the top of the suspension is the arm that goes to the upper balljoint and this is where it may foul

hope that helps

Cannon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom