ML250 (W166) Outside Temperature Display not changing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walvis2000

Car
ML250 Bluetec (W166)
I own a fairly new ML250 Bluetec (6 months old, 3900miles). During the last few days I noticed that the outside temperature display in the main dashboard (Trip) display shows a steady 15.5 degrees despite outside temperatures in London being between 21 and 28 degrees C currently. I cannot determine the point when this stopped working but it must have been recent. Upon having my car washed, the display changed to 13.5 degree C but again seems to be stuck.

I have found no solutions or even similar problems on the internet and wonder whether there is something I can try before having it checked out by my dealer.

All the best,
walvis

Welcome to the forum! :)

It is almost certainly the outside temperature sensor, as the car is under warranty, just let the dealer sort it out.

That's what I thought, however I hoped for some re-boot, reset system or maybe a well known bug. Well, will make an appointment then.

Thank you!

That's what I thought, however I hoped for some re-boot, reset system or maybe a well known bug. Well, will make an appointment then.

Thank you!

Always best to let the dealer sort things under warranty, saves a lot of potential hassle if you attempt to fix something and then have to take the car in to them.

If they need the car to investigate then ensure you are given a suitable (for your needs) courtesy car.:thumb:

Find out where the temp sender is then you'll know where to avoid when washing.

Find out where the temp sender is then you'll know where to avoid when washing.

The sensor should be impervious to water, a reading that changed when exposed to water just reinforces that the sensor is faulty.

The sensor should be impervious to water, a reading that changed when exposed to water just reinforces that the sensor is faulty.

Over zealous use of a jet wash in the vicinity is best avoided.

Over zealous use of a jet wash in the vicinity is best avoided.

As it is with any electrical sensor but the OP seems to have the failure prior to washing the car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom