ML270 CDI Click on start.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike3khz

Car
ML270 CDI
Hello all. I'm based on Gozo, Malta at the moment and have a Problem with a 2003 ML270 CDI that went rough then stopped while driving. No MB garages on Gozo so could be a nightmare without your knowledge. Electrics seem haywire somehow. Radiator fan runs high constantly even when cold. Rear lights stay on and only go off after 3 or 4 ignition on offs. Now just clicks on start even with a new battery. Lights are very bright if you turn them on so plenty of current. Suggestions please?

Short the battery directly to the starter motor with a jump-lead to see if it turns.

If it does, the problem is likely to be the Starter Solenoid..

Check the earth strap from chassis to starter motor is not broken.
Check the red, plastic covered, fuse attached to battery positive terminal is okay.

Yes it turns. All electronics seem to be nuts though. Rear lights stay on. Indicators intermittent. Cooling fan stays on full. Some suggested I reset the ECU but I have no idea hoe to do that.

Yes that fuse is fine. Earth strap all good and connections clean also. It's got to be something electrical for sure as symptoms seem to change. Managing to start her now but only one time in four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom