ML270 Command unit query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arimus

Car
ML270 CDI Auto (2002)
Hi,

I'm shortly getting (next week assuming everything goes well) an ML270 CDI Auto (2002) (I need something which can tow 3000kg as we've got two big horses), think its a W163 model... anyway what's the part numbers I need to look out for to get hold of a command unit for this car?

Also how difficult are they to fit - I'm fine with electrics/computers/upgrading firmware/software etc as I' systems/network engineer - its just when the oily bits of the car start getting involved I run away...

(I've not a clue what's currently fitted as a very good friend is sorting the car out for me so won't see if till I pick her up)

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

Hi,

I'm shortly getting (next week assuming everything goes well) an ML270 CDI Auto (2002) (I need something which can tow 3000kg as we've got two big horses), think its a W163 model... anyway what's the part numbers I need to look out for to get hold of a command unit for this car?

Also how difficult are they to fit - I'm fine with electrics/computers/upgrading firmware/software etc as I' systems/network engineer - its just when the oily bits of the car start getting involved I run away...

(I've not a clue what's currently fitted as a very good friend is sorting the car out for me so won't see if till I pick her up)

Thanks in advance,

Richard.

You will need a comand unit numbered A163 820 36 89, a genuine Teleatlas navigation disk, a loom adapter if you have a CD changer in the boot and an antenna. You will also need some removal keys to get the existing stereo out.

Fitting takes about 30 minutes if you havnt done one before.

Have a look here for guidance;

Last edited:
Thanks for that... will see what's fitted next week then if needed start the search for the CU and fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom