ML270 error lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazzo

Car
ML270
Ok guys, just bought this car, 98,000m been back to garage several times now, and been told the problem is fixed... but it keeps coming back.. getting a bit tedious now!! Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Ordinary driving, any condition, after about 20min the BAS/ESP and ECP light comes on, the car wont kick down. No ABS errors

The car did have worn brake pads when I bought it so the garage fitted new pads and sensors all way round... But it hasn't cleared this issue...

I Have read on here that if the steering wheel is slightly off centre this can cause the yaw sensor to throw a code.... car thinking its going in a straight line but steering left/right? would explain the no kick down (limp mode?) could it be that simple?... the poor guy in the garage is pulling his hair out, as I am as the garage is a good 45min drive from me.

Also, the head unit occasionally says battery level low, start engine, or im gonna switch off ... engine running. No alternator light on, and its a new battery... I always thought battery Voltage when running should be 14.4v... Im getting 12.9v on meter... which is calibrated... Alternator on way out?... Please confirm the 14.4v before I go back and demand new alternator Could it be that the low voltage is causing the other errors?

Any help or advice?
confused.gif
:(

Check the wiring loom from ABS plug for broken wires.
For access, bonnet up, remove n/s headlamp lower plastic strip & headlamp.
Wiring loom runs over a sharp corner on the body work under washer bottle.

Also ALL earth straps for damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom