ML270 error lights

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by bazzo, Mar 21, 2014.

1. bazzo

bazzo New Member

Car:
    ML270
    Ok guys, just bought this car, 98,000m been back to garage several times now, and been told the problem is fixed... but it keeps coming back.. getting a bit tedious now!! Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Ordinary driving, any condition, after about 20min the BAS/ESP and ECP light comes on, the car wont kick down. No ABS errors

The car did have worn brake pads when I bought it so the garage fitted new pads and sensors all way round... But it hasn't cleared this issue...

I Have read on here that if the steering wheel is slightly off centre this can cause the yaw sensor to throw a code.... car thinking its going in a straight line but steering left/right? would explain the no kick down (limp mode?) could it be that simple?... the poor guy in the garage is pulling his hair out, as I am as the garage is a good 45min drive from me.

Also, the head unit occasionally says battery level low, start engine, or im gonna switch off ... engine running. No alternator light on, and its a new battery... I always thought battery Voltage when running should be 14.4v... Im getting 12.9v on meter... which is calibrated... Alternator on way out?... Please confirm the 14.4v before I go back and demand new alternator Could it be that the low voltage is causing the other errors?

Any help or advice?[​IMG] :(

2. Jane270ML

Jane270ML Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 270 Cdi
    Check the wiring loom from ABS plug for broken wires.
    For access, bonnet up, remove n/s headlamp lower plastic strip & headlamp.
    Wiring loom runs over a sharp corner on the body work under washer bottle.

Also ALL earth straps for damage.