ML270 not restarting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tevas-arvys

Car
MB ML270
Hi , i really need some advice, ive have finished repairing my ml270 cdi after the black death, it took some time to crank it and finnaly in got it started but the engine was all shaking, i restarted it twice and it started running smooth for about 15 second untill it finnaly cut out itself and now i cannot get it to start it just keeps cranking, what could be the problem.??

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried ussing a can of easy start?

sounds like air in fuel system,try slackening off 1 injector pipe at a time,and crank until you get air out,tighten up and then go onto next one,

hth

sounds like air in fuel system,try slackening off 1 injector pipe at a time,and crank until you get air out,tighten up and then go onto next one,

hth

That's bad advice, the fuel pressures in a CDI system are extremely high and slackening injector pipes is definitely not recommended for safety reasons, the fuel system is self bleeding anyway.

Check the electrical plugs to each injector is correctly fitted.

As he says above. One lead off and non will fire.

ive owned my ml 3 years and change the the fuel filter every 2 months,in that time ive never had it self bleed,infact ive flattened batteries trying to do it,
1 injector at a time until you get a clean squirt of diesel usually a couple seconds cranking by the time youve done the third and tightened it up it will fire straight away,
as for the pressure that comes out of slack injector pipe its actually very little and i would normally hold my hand over it to stop diesel going over the rest of the engine,
the pressure from the injector however is something not to be messed with,whilst doing my apprenticeship years ago the teacher would set a carrot under an injector in the test box and cut them in half with the jet,

ive owned my ml 3 years and change the the fuel filter every 2 months,in that time ive never had it self bleed,infact ive flattened batteries trying to do it,
1 injector at a time until you get a clean squirt of diesel usually a couple seconds cranking by the time youve done the third and tightened it up it will fire straight away,
as for the pressure that comes out of slack injector pipe its actually very little and i would normally hold my hand over it to stop diesel going over the rest of the engine,
the pressure from the injector however is something not to be messed with,whilst doing my apprenticeship years ago the teacher would set a carrot under an injector in the test box and cut them in half with the jet,

I've had my ml for over 10 years, its covered 225k miles and therefore had plenty of fuel filter changes to date and its bled itself every time just by cranking the engine (as it should do!) and without the need to slacken any pipes.

ps..... Why on earth would anyone change their fuel filter every 2 months?

ive offered my advice and experience on how i start my car after a filter change,
if the op chooses to use this advice thats fine,if he chooses not to thats also fine,
you think its wrong advice thats also fine,

Fact is my car has never bled itself after a filter change so your car must be better than mine,
if you or anyone else thinks my advice is wrong or dangerous ask an administrator to remove it,i thought the idea of these forums was to offer help and advice not pull each others to bits,

ps,i travel 87 miles each way to work 6 days a week which is just over 8k every 2 months,every other week i put a 50/50 svo diesel mix in which the company i work for give me foc,
hence the filter changes,

thanks for you replies, ive had the engine started with easy start spray but as soon as i release the revs it just cuts out, im gonna get it hooked up tommorow to see if it shows any faults

ok, all sorted, removed the fuel return , turns out 3rd injector was returning all the fuel, reassembled, now all good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom