ML270 Problem starting up and Judder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rexmundo

Car
ML270
Hi, got a problem with my other half's Ml270 and would appreciate some help.

All of a sudden couple of days ago it wouldn't start in the morning. Well it starts fine but cuts out after 4-5 seconds. I managed to get it going by taking it straight to high revs but when in low speed/idle it judders and makes funny squeeky noise. Took it to garage and they changed EGR. But it didn't fix anything. Did it again next morning.

Thinking of changing manifold but thats a 1k job and don't want to do it for nothing. There are no other error codes other than the EGR error code.

Anyone has ideas on what could be wrong?

Usually these are fuel related problems... air draw, injector leak, pressure control valve...

But, you say EGR fault is still there? Read by star device?

Check EGR vacuum control device (you may swap it with similar turbo controller, follow vacuum lines from EGR and turbo actuators, slightly larger than match box...). Also EGR fault may be triggered other fault in boost line (a leak somewhere like boots pipes, cooler) or turbo fault (see if turbo control arm moves when revving stationary).

+1 for potential fueling issue, very common on these. Air gets into the fuel lines and can take a lot of cranking to start and sometimes cuts out after starting dependent on leak.
Do a search for ml270 fuel lines or poor starting, there will be loads of info ( could do a search on my posts as I've posted a lot in this issue ) worth looking at and trying( a few quid less than £10 for o rings which may be all you need, or £30 to £50 worth of new fuel lines( merc parts moulded) before looking at inlet manifold for 1k.

My ml 270 cdi don't want to start up in the morning i install a feul pump and it still doesn't fix my problem i have to put my foot and the gas pedal to get it to start up can anyone tell me what is going on with it please my name is dwight ta

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Did you change the seals in the low pressure pump?

Does it idle ok when started?

I had the same on mine. One of the plugs on top of the injector kept coming loose. I tighten it an never had the problem again.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

My car also just cut out while driving then won't start again. After tightening the plug on the injectors never had the problem again

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Had the same problem as the threadstarter.
1/ I had a cracked washer on one injector so changed them all. (washers not injectors)
2/ Changed all the fuel line 'O' rings incl. the pump

I have had no problems since.

Note: When the work is completed make sure your Batt. is fully charged to pull the fuel up.

Had the same problem as the threadstarter.
1/ I had a cracked washer on one injector so changed them all. (washers not injectors)
2/ Changed all the fuel line 'O' rings incl. the pump

I have had no problems since.

Note: When the work is completed make sure your Batt. is fully charged to pull the fuel up.

I should have put, changed all the fuel line 'O' rings incl. the pump 'O' rings. ( not change the pump). Apologies for any confusion.:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom