ML270 rear camber

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevellew

Car
53 plate ML270 inspiration
Hi a few weeks after I had my ML270 I noticed that the rear drivers side wheel looked like the top of the wheel was leaning out a positive camber and have now noticed that the outside of the brand new tyre that was on it is starting to wear. I've been quoted about £150 to rectify this and was told they have to do some slotting or slot cuts ??? Can anybody explain what this means also is there any camber bolts / bushes or anything else I could possibly do myself thanks steve.
PS I've kept a close eye on the other tyres and this seems to be the only one out thanks.

Last edited:
Tony at WIM (Wheels in Motion) is your man....I can only suggest it must be a spacer they place in between the hub and axle, which is cut to form a slot in a particular place.

Has the suspension been adjusted/ checked on a 4 wheel alignment machine?

Hi no my ML haven't been in for any diagnoses yet but I do my own maintenance as far as my knowledge will let me!!! and I can see that the camber on the drivers side rear is out quite a bit. A + camber tyre wearing on the outside.
I've rang lots of garages who do 4 wheel alignment and these are the only guys that came straight out with what needs to be done as I said some kind of slots or slotting I'm lost there but I am going to try and get it booked in with in the 2 weeks.
But where are WIM based as I live near Newport South Wales and thanks for your reply.
PS a link to this garage I've found

http://mototec.co.uk/

Last edited:
Hi I took my ml to have the rear camber done today then I and had a nice phone call telling me the two rear springs are broke, also the two rear upper wishbones need replacing they quoted me £900 to replace and supply all parts and to do the 4 wheel tracking, anyway i normally do my own maintenance to a certain level I've ordered all parts myself and I'm after some tips / information on the spring change if anyone has had the experience I hope you can help me thanks steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom