Ml270 stuck in park and now wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

21j

Car
G wagon
Hi,
Hope someone can help me.
I have put the engine and the associated electrics onto a w460.
I had the engine running but unfortunately it would not go into park. I have limp mode and all the lights on the dash but i was assuming that was possibly because I was reconnecting everything back up including ecus etc. I also have no display of PND on the dash.
I know there are plenty of posts about being stuck in park so I tried -
1. The brake pedal switch. I now have 12v on grey, 12v on white and 9v on pink. When I press the brake pedal the pink goes to 12v but still stuck in park.
2. Replaced the gear shifter with a second hand unit but no difference.
I used the emergency release method to move the gear selector to N and for some reason I tried to start the engine to see if it would make any difference. Obviously it didn't start, starter engaged but that was it.
Moved the gear selector back to park and now the engine wont turn over, starter wont engage either. Just turn the key and nothing.
I dont know if it matters, but i dont have the handbrake connected and when i used to *press the switch the brake light would go off on the dash, but now since the engine wont start the brake light on the dash wont go out when I press it.
Regarding the gear selector, should I change the ecu?
Regarding the engine, what might of happened to prevent it from starting now.
This is a project vehicle so I cant bring it anywhere to get checked. I don't have any of the rear lights connected if that makes a difference.
Thanks for the help.
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom