ml270 w163 rear window & heater switches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leigh_f

Car
mercedes ml 270cdi
Hi i am finally getting round to sorting some problems on my ML, the rear window and heater switches have never worked but light up and are plugged in. does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
thanks

Without knowing much on this car, if there is power to the switch (which there is as they illuminate you say) it is likely to be an issue post switch as a rule.

Is it both sides or just one side? If its one it will be localised problem, if its both sides maybe it is an aux relay or power supply.
Could be switch?
Connector to power window motor?
Common relay?

Easy to check with the door card off or the switch out by checking a feed post switch to the window motor.

Its nothing daft like they need a programming post electrical spike or battery change is it? I know many cars loose the central locking function, full remote closure, and auto close function on a battery reset and need to re-programmed (usually by holding the window button down for 8-10secs once at the bottom and same when its closed). Is there anything similar?

does the locking work?

many thanks for the replies, the windows work off the front switches and no difference is made when switching 'child' lock on/off. it's the fact both the windows and heater controls don;t work that baffles me as surely they are separate circuits. does anyone know if the window child lock also locks the heating control.

hi
my rear windows dont work and the rear heater control is flashing , the rear windows
wont work using the switches in front also, any ideas, i changed rear window switch cluster ,,still flashing..

mikiel270 did you sort out the problem i have the same ?

hi
my rear windows dont work and the rear heater control is flashing , the rear windows
wont work using the switches in front also, any ideas, i changed rear window switch cluster ,,still flashing..

did you sort it ?? i have the same problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom