ML270CDi Fuel draining back to tank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanuts

Car
2008 GL320 / 1988 300SL
Hi Friends,
Due to a change in circumstance I now have to park my ML facing up-hill on my drive and it appears that the fuel is draining back to the tank as it takes ages to start which it never did (and doesn't) facing downhill. With a full tank it will still start OK but at 1/2 to 3/4, no chance. :(Injector on number 1 has a very slight leak but I'm assured by my local garage that it's not enough to cause my problem (new seal on order). Could it be a hole somewhere on the fuel line? Would fitting a one way valve as near to the tank as possible be a potential cure?:dk:Anybody got any thoughts please? Thanks:thumb:

Hi Friends,
Due to a change in circumstance I now have to park my ML facing up-hill on my drive and it appears that the fuel is draining back to the tank as it takes ages to start which it never did (and doesn't) facing downhill. With a full tank it will still start OK but at 1/2 to 3/4, no chance. :(Injector on number 1 has a very slight leak but I'm assured by my local garage that it's not enough to cause my problem (new seal on order). Could it be a hole somewhere on the fuel line? Would fitting a one way valve as near to the tank as possible be a potential cure?:dk:Anybody got any thoughts please? Thanks:thumb:

replace return lines and their o-rings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom