ML320 de-cat and remap?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Supercharger

Car
W221 S600 V12 Bi-Turbo
Hello all

March/2006 Merc ML 320 CDi

This is a question about my friends Merc ML, which hes not had for very long but the troubles have already started.

Within the first month of buying it the turbo failed, so he got a new turbo put on. This was about 3 weeks ago and its never ran right since. The turbo has been checked and re-checked and its fine.

So he took it to a Merc Indy who had it for over a week, pulled all the fault codes and then couldnt really do anything with it. Maybe it was too much for them, but they THOUGHT they had it running right and then it went back to square one the day my mate went to pick it up.

Basic problem is that it seems to have lost a lot of power, and sometimes the power will kick in for a short while but then cut out again, and so forth.

Having taken it back off the Indy's he then took it to the main dealers.

They came back the next day and said its 80% chance that both the cats are now clogged as a result of the failing turbo and that would be the main cause of the lack of power. They said they would start by replacing the cats and then see where they go from there as the diagnoses is showing a loss of pressure in the exhaust system . . . . . then they also said £2,000 to do it all!!!

So i was wondering if it would be better to de-cat and remap it as that should surely free up any clogging that is present in the cats?

How much would it roughly cost does anyone know?

Ok, got in touch with Asad at MSL and he can do the de-cat and remap no problem. Lets just hope it solves the issue at hand.

can u put asad details and how much pls

Price is dependant on car and the work involved, but call him on 0121 772 4455

Would the decat not lead to an engine warning light coming on, on the dash?

No , MB's function fine just on the pre cats

Did this ever get fixed?

I'd be interested to know if your mate had any problems with Warning lights coming on or passing the MOT...

Sounds as if the new turbo actuator rod isn't setup right.

See it quite a bit from companies who recon turbos who assure you they set it up right and they don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom