Ml320 Elecric Seat Not Working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madbonky

Car
R129 300SL, ML 320, C240, CLK 500 CAB, W203 ESTATE W126 500 SEL R129 320
Hello all,

I have a 2000 model ML320. The passenger electric seat was working fine but has now stopped, i have swapped the switch onto the drivers side and the switch works fine on that seat. I looked at the fuse/relay box under the bonnet but cannot see a listing for a electric seat under either fuses or relays, does anyone know if there is another location for realys/fuses or even what could of caused the seat to stop working?

Jay

Hello all,

I have a 2000 model ML320. The passenger electric seat was working fine but has now stopped, i have swapped the switch onto the drivers side and the switch works fine on that seat. I looked at the fuse/relay box under the bonnet but cannot see a listing for a electric seat under either fuses or relays, does anyone know if there is another location for realys/fuses or even what could of caused the seat to stop working?

Jay

hi i have a cl500 and its behind the drivers seet and under the back seet look for a cover and it will pull off they are in there on mine

I had this (although I didnt swop the seat switch over) on my 02 ML - all that had happened is that the power connector for the seat had come undone. As it was coming loose the passenger door mirror sometimes went to the wrong position with the memories. Basically the seat cable had got pulled at by my small childrens feet.

As you've taken the switch out, i'm sure you'd have noticed that - but I thought i'd post it for others in case it happens to them

R

this was a common fault on w163, the clip breaks on the seat ecu and has to be cable tied back on or new ecu

cheers

hash

thanks chaps, i will have a good look at the cables and ecu

Ml Electric Seat Not Working!

Well it is now! Just a loose cable under the seat, plugged it back in and hey presto, working seat. Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post.

Resurrecting a really old thread, but just wanted to say, I have just had the same problem on my ML270 w163. Drivers seat was totally inoperable today ( it has been a bit iffy on the seat positioning switches for about a month - sometimes going backwards when it should have been forwards etc) but today - completely dead.

I did a search and found this old thread, had a look under my drivers seat at the back accessing from the rear footwell, and as mentioned above a little black connector ( 8 way I think?) was hanging loose. Pushed it back into the module under the seat and hey presto all working perfectly again.

I suspect it was dislodged a month ago when the car was valleted ( hence the strange behaviour ? It did start playing up straight after the valleting ( I thought it might have been some water in the electrics from the carpet wash) but was clearly this connector coming loose, and must have finally come out the last time the seat was moved back.

Hope this helps someone else.
All the best.
Moz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom