ML320 Vs ML430 MPG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnnyRob

Car
1999 ML320
I'm looking for an ML prefacelift W163 to convert to lpg to replace an ageing Mitsui Pajero 2.8 turbo diesel.

I was initially considering the V6 3.2, but have seen a few V8 4.3s up for sale at a more favourable price.

From what I can ascertain, the 430 only does a couple of mpg less...

Is this true? I am hoping that members running 320 and 430 MLs can advise what mpg they actually experience in the real world.

I test drove a 99 430ML yesterday and the computer was displaying 14.7mpg!! (It had been standing for a while & I *suspect* this reading is misleading as the vehicle has probably not been driven any distance in recent months...)

TIA :)

know this post is a bit old, but ive just got a ml320. MPG on motorway is good, getting 27ish, around town yes its pants, got it down to 15 but im far happier than when i was in my 3.3 grand voyager....

Hello

I cannot comment on the 4.3 V8 but

My 3.7 V6 (ML350) does between 16 and 28 mpg

A collegue had a ML500 and the trip stayed between 11 and 14 mpg

I'm guessing a ML430 will be 20 mpg on a good day.

Saying that on lpg if your getting 18mpg (say average) then on gas it would still be getting over 30MPG equivalent for a big bus :) :) and a V8 to boot :)

My wife use to have a ML320 and it averaged 16mpg, i even tried driving it very carefully and i never got it over 18 ever:crazy:

I reckon the 2 to 3 mpg difference is correct as she now has a C320 and averaged 24/25 and i run an E430 and it averages 21 to work and back both will do another 5/6mpg on a run.

Lynall

Hi

18mpg out of your ML320 must have been something wrong? even towing and my car loaded up it can do 20mpg :)

Ah well but you havent seen my wife drive:D

18mpg was on the same journey i have done for years, my disco TD5 done 24/5 and current car 21 and a little bit:)

I dont think its a tough route but it is 4 mile of town to start and 4 miles or town to finish and 4 miles of motorway in between.

Lynall

around town its down to around 15 mpg, but on my trip from home to work ( 55 miles each way with mixture of M25 M3 and A roads ) i can get the MPG right up to 26. Got to say im very happy ive got this ML now.:bannana:

Well, we settled on a rather nice ML320.

I'd estimate low 20s mpg. So not too bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom