ML320 W164 couple of problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

b0gd4n

Car
ML320 (W164)
I have an ML320 cdi from 2006.

The problems I have are:

- the left mirror does not adjust (only the right one works) - I have tried to look for the fuse, but I don`t know where it is - I only hope this is the problem;

- an error message keeps popping up in the instrument cluster about a bulb;
I have recently changed the left rear indicator bulb, but this works well most of the time, until the error appears. This is after using the left indicator for a bit. It then uses the reversing lamp instead of the indicator bulb.
This is reset after I restart the car.

What should I do about this.

Thanks in advance!

I am not 100% certain about the ML. However you should check that your bulb connector is clean (light rub with some abrasive and a wipe with some switch cleaner or similar product). Also check that the bulb holder is a tight fit and give it a nip if required. It sounds like you have a poor connection at the bulb. The car will substitute another bulb (reversing light) to compensate for the loss of the origonal. My C -Class did this. In the end I removed the enitire bulb strip, cleaned and tightened the whole lot. Problem gone.

If you have folding mirrors? The wiring may need checking, through the door into the mirror itself. This is a weak point on the c-class.

Others will be along soon who may know your car better.

yes, the car has folding mirrors.

I will try to clean the bulb and see if it still gives errors.

I heard someone talking about getting the appropriate non-errors bulbs; cause there are bulbs that give errors...anyone know about these?

thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom