ML320 W63 Rear door 1/4 window removal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blobsta

Car
S202 C43 Wagon
Can anyone tell me what is holding the upright in place for this little window and how I can remove the glass? (Avoiding the obvious hammer trick)

I am trying to remove the 20 year old gangsta tint from my new labour of love, it's so faded and now has a slightly purple hue to it, it simply looks cack! As it had the dealer sticker over the top of the tint in the rear screen and it's a one owner car I can only assume it was done when new and it was a pretty good job too. I've done the front windows and the rear screen but before I go any further I have to make sure I can get it off this little window but I simply can't see how the upright is held in place to remove it. Any suggestions or instruction would be gratefully received.

IMG-3548.jpg

I am not exactly sure why you want to remove the upright. Can you not remove the tint by pulling back the rubber surround?

No, there isn't enough give in it as it's been done with the window removed. It will just make a cleaner job of the removal if I take the glass out. It can't be that hard to do!

Tried this last night, now there are bits of tint remaining around the rubber that I can't get to, it's not easy to see but I know it's there. Has anyone got a WIS on how to remove the glass? There doesn't seem to be anything when I look at EPC

1626771321131.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom