ML350 cdi locking wheel bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nazzer

Car
cls
I went to look at a ML350 cdi yesterday. It was a lovely car. However the alloys are a bit of a mess where someone looks to have sprayed them. More curious was that all bolts were locking wheel nuts. No standard at all. However in the boot the spare had a bag of standard nuts marked as "for spare only" which got me thinking is this normal for ML350 to have all locking wheel nuts? Seems the owner has lost the socket to remove the bolts. Which I will sort asap. Thanks

1. It's not normal to have locking wheel bolts all around. Perhaps the previous owner was paranoid about having the wheels stolen.

2. Some models did have a space saver spare which came with its own wheel bolts, so that sounds about right. But worth checking that this is indeed the original space saver wheel that came with the car.

Thanks all. I spoke to Mercedes earlier and it turns out that the nuts are standard for this 59 plate. There is no locking wheel nut, it is a bespoke shape and the brace goes with it. They are not locking nuts. Just a bespoke shape. Wierd , but that's what they did with a few ML. Cheers

This?

Wheel-Lug-Bolt-for-Mercedes-W164-W166-X204-W221-W222-C216-0009905407.jpg

Yrs. That's the bolt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom