Ml350 tailgate not going all way up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tayterash

Car
ML350 (Mavis) Slk R171 (Rupert)
If I use the key to lift the tailgate it stops about 6" lower than it should. I can push it up easy enough, but is this common, is their a fix?

If I use the key to lift the tailgate it stops about 6" lower than it should. I can push it up easy enough, but is this common, is their a fix?

Don't know if your car is the same, but on my E class estate you can limit how far the tailgate goes up, presumably to stop it hitting your garage roof or similar. Maybe done accidentally on your tailgate? To reset it you press and hold the close button on the tailgate until you hear two short tones.

Don't know if your car is the same, but on my E class estate you can limit how far the tailgate goes up, presumably to stop it hitting your garage roof or similar. Maybe done accidentally on your tailgate? To reset it you press and hold the close button on the tailgate until you hear two short tones.

Makes sense, cheers :thumb:

Press the closing button as the door opens to stop it at the position you want to be the limit, then press and hold the closing button until you hear a tone and that stores the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom