ML420

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport
Anyone on the forum own/owned this ML or know of it?

Was in chats with owner and he has temp removed to investigate glow plug light ...MOT history looks OK on .gov

Can never understand why most of these come with Half leather (not full)

Lenny

Is it Artico or leather , i looked at a few ML`s and nearly every one i checked out had split Artico on the drivers seat.

The pic of the drivers seat looks like it has been carefully taken to not include the seat base or bolster , you can just see some white showing at the corner of the picture possibly the start of the material splitting ?

GP light should be pretty straight forward to repair , generally speaking light stays on with ignition it is the relay , if the light comes back on once started it will be one or more of the plugs.

K

Yes, it is splitting/cracking. I think it was noted in the advert. They all do it unfortunately, my s211 the same (artico) - a repair is about £100

Anyone on the forum own/owned this ML or know of it?

Was in chats with owner and he has temp removed to investigate glow plug light ...MOT history looks OK on .gov

Lenny
There have been some problems with people not being able to get a Glow Plug modules for the 420.

@W1ghty can you expand? Due to back order issues via MB?

@W1ghty can you expand? Due to back order issues via MB?
Someone was posting about it 3 weeks ago ish , couldn’t get a module for that engine new or used , don’t know if the situation has changed but you might want to check before buying a 420 , after all the modules don’t last forever .

Yep, it said that there are NO glow plug module available for V8 CDI's... which is kinda crazy, manufacturer has obligation to provide spare parts decades.

Cheers Gav !

Hey Lenny,

Hope your well buddy, happy new year.

No worries :)

Yes I just checked @W1ghty 😫

@merc85 Happy New Year to you fella ! Hope new house and all going well ! All.good here thanks! You were hankering for one of these 420"@ while back? Did you get a drive in one?

Yes I just checked @W1ghty 😫

@merc85 Happy New Year to you fella ! Hope new house and all going well ! All.good here thanks! You were hankering for one of these 420"@ while back? Did you get a drive in one?
No buddy, Like you i preferred a SE spec at the time with leather and wood.

Glow plug relay is unavailable from MB, we also struggle in the aftermarket to source them,

Autodoc is your best bet if one is needed
I don’t suppose you know the MB part number do you?

If someone can get me a VIN for a 420 CDI I can look up the MB part no's

I recently bought a brand new glow plug relay from the main dealer which may be surplus to requirements - so if it is then rather then send it back to the dealer I would be happy to help a fellow member.

I will not charge my usual introduction fee in this case ;)
Is that you Cilla? 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom