ML420

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I recently bought a brand new glow plug relay from the main dealer which may be surplus to requirements - so if it is then rather then send it back to the dealer I would be happy to help a fellow member.
Mr Dazzler... Long time reader, first timer poster hoping that this is still the case? 🤞

The part number for my faulty part is A6291530679 coming off a ML420.

Also can confirm this has been a nightmare part to find making winter starts painful! 😭

Mr Dazzler... Long time reader, first timer poster hoping that this is still the case? 🤞

The part number for my faulty part is A6291530679 coming off a ML420.

Also can confirm this has been a nightmare part to find making winter starts painful! 😭
I’ll find it an let you know.

Hi Bobby Dazzler do you still have the Glow module, I also have an ML420 and in need of one

Thanks

Woody

Hi Woody,

I've been waiting in hope that Bobby can be a saviour too.. However if the part isn't available the problem part can be repaired. A common fault is the wires inside the unit degrade and need to cut out and replaced and soldered back to the board.

Seems like the only option as I'm sure you've seen eBay sellers and breakers yards are charging an absolute fortune.

Hi Woody,

I've been waiting in hope that Bobby can be a saviour too.. However if the part isn't available the problem part can be repaired. A common fault is the wires inside the unit degrade and need to cut out and replaced and soldered back to the board.

Seems like the only option as I'm sure you've seen eBay sellers and breakers yards are charging an absolute fortune.
Both, apologies I was away on holiday a few weeks ago when this thread started, and I forgot to check when I got home.

These recent posts reminded me though so I’ve just checked, and unfortunately it’s not the part you’re looking for. Worth a shot though.

I hope you find one soon.

No problem thanks anyway

I have pulled mind and stripped it will Finnish the repair tomorrow and refit to test but looks an easy job.

I will post my results

Lenny I actually was going to buy your one before getting my current one

@X11WDY I saw yours for sale actually and looked an honest example. health to enjoy (ps, i did not buy one, nor the one in this thread)
Let us know how you get on with yours...by chance was it a Northern Irish car to start with?

Yes it was originally from NI,
Car has great history and only a few little bits needed to make it 100%,

Hopefully tomorrow I will refit glow module and it will all be done

So just an update I have repaired my glow plug module and all tested ok

This isn’t a difficult repair, not quite as simple as the V6 cdi version but still doable as a diy

Great News 😁 You should post a thread in members gallery of your car and some details !!! As Bobby says, handsome car indeed !

Thanks I will start one, I bought it with the faults but all rectified now, has great history and nice spec, it’s had been rear shocks to fix the airmatic issue, repaired glow plug module fixed the intermittent coil light and a front wheel bearing, she’s now faultless and tidy

Great news and sounds like youve had to address the most common issues on them so it will be good to go for another while yet !!

unfortunately its not to keep, now its all 100% it will get a full 2 stage machine polish and coated and she will be up for sale, its an amazing machine thats for sure,
If it were a facelift AMG car I would have to keep it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom