ML450 cdi's for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill.

Car
E63 AMG, 319 Sprinter
Hi all,
So the ml450 I'm really keen on, and in the market for one but there is only three for sale from what I can see.

They seem to hold a lot more money compared with the 350cdi but I found the 3.0l diesel ML slightly under powered although in my E350 cdi coupe the 3.0l is fine and pulls well.

Is there a question in there?

Have you considered a remap for a ML350?

V12 said:
Is there a question in there? Have you considered a remap for a ML350?

Well not thought about that, I'm not really keen on re-maps, no real reason why just think should you really mess around with the ecu can it give you problems in the future? So Is re-mapping a good idea?

Well not thought about that, I'm not really keen on re-maps, no real reason why just think should you really mess around with the ecu can it give you problems in the future? So Is re-mapping a good idea?

I lean more towards your school of thought. Especially if a more powerful factory version is available.

If I could buy a S400cdi in RHD I would have one.

Remapping is a cheap way of getting more power and better driveability. Everything comes with a compromise though and most remaps will negatively effect longevity. Unless you are planning on keeping the car for 10 or so years then you're unlikely to suffer any consequences yourself.

V12 said:
I lean more towards your school of thought. Especially if a more powerful factory version is available. If I could buy a S400cdi in RHD I would have one. Remapping is a cheap way of getting more power and better driveability. Everything comes with a compromise though and most remaps will negatively effect longevity. Unless you are planning on keeping the car for 10 or so years then you're unlikely to suffer any consequences yourself.

Yes what a shame we don't get the option for the diesel v8 in more models. I'm sure I have seen a e400 in Spain before. Now that would be a nice car, I would have one over my e350 cdi coupe

Chip it. +50 BHP and no need to touch the ECU.

Go for a ML 500 ;)

When you say they hold a lot more money than 350, how much more?

I remember that back in 2009 when I ordered my 350Cdi, the 450cdi was over 10 grand dearer (both basic spec).

I had the 320 CDI ML - can't say I ever felt it needed more pace. Quite a terrifying car when really gets going - become very aware of the heft of the thing.

If you want speed and size then maybe an estate a better choice really...

^^
That's exactly my feeling too.
350 was certainly no sluggish, with plenty of power, plenty of cab space and performed really well on all roads.

4 days after taking delivery of our car, we went up to Scotland where we spend Christmas and New Year.
Heavy snow, ice, wind - nothing was ever an issue in this car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom