ML500 (W164) - what a machine!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LXA

SUPPORTER
Car
ML500
Having bought a 2005 ML500 (W164) 2 weeks ago with no idea what I was doing and verrrry worried I might have just thrown a wad of cash away (no FSH, very little accompanying paperwork and no mechanic check before purchasing it) I've got to say I am impressed. The car has got 110k on the clock and I've put an additional 1k on it over the last 2 weeks. Today I drove 270 miles, mostly underwater and the only thing of note was 2 brief flickerings of the exclamation mark within a couple of miles. Best I can work out upon return and investigating was probably momentary loss of traction. My home town (Hayle, Cornwall) had flooded during the day and I was driving into that storm from about Bristol as it headed up country - probably worst weather I've ever driven in - felt totally planted and those auto wipers, how useful are they?? - coming up behind trucks creating curtains of water to get through - no having to worry about increasing wiper speed - off it goes!!

Was in Hayle, earlier in the year. Had a great holiday. Took the E63 performed amazingly.

Hell's mouth is some sight scary at the same time!!!

Reactions: LXA
Was in Hayle, earlier in the year. Had a great holiday. Took the E63 performed amazingly.

Hell's mouth is some sight scary at the same time!!!

Flooding shuts roads and blocks rail lines

scroll down a bit - nobody here saying they remember the great floods of xx years ago - it's a first!! and another 3 days worth of heavy rain to come - luckily I live up the side of the valley heading off towards Godrevy

Flooding shuts roads and blocks rail lines

scroll down a bit - nobody here saying they remember the great floods of xx years ago - it's a first!! and another 3 days worth of heavy rain to come - luckily I live up the side of the valley heading off towards Godrevy

Such sad pictures and video, really hope you all recover as good as can be expected with such horrendous conditions. Stunning place to live. We love Cornwall me and my wife. We have taken many holidays together and now we take our boys whenever we can. As said I hope you can all come out of it with as little damaged to life and property as possible. All the best :thumb:

Reactions: LXA
Such sad pictures and video, really hope you all recover as good as can be expected with such horrendous conditions. Stunning place to live. We love Cornwall me and my wife. We have taken many holidays together and now we take our boys whenever we can. As said I hope you can all come out of it with as little damaged to life and property as possible. All the best :thumb:
We used to come down on holiday for 10 years or so then realised it was all smiles when we came down for a couple of weeks then 'tears' when heading back for 50 weeks. Realised it was time to turn that around so made the leap into the darkness and never looked back - it has been amazing and I'd highly recommend it to anyone considering it and lucky enough to be able to make it happen - so worth it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom