Ml55 Amg Owners.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do

Hi i own a ML55 AMG. no doubt this threads dead. but ive only just spotted it.:rolleyes:

I bought it in 2002 two years old, and still have it. after putting 120k worth of fuel in the tank:doh:

It is a 'minter' and worth bugger all, but i wouldnt turn back the clock.
Previously owned both the C36 and C43.

I have friends with x5's and RR sport's, this stands out in a different way and after 7 years i still cant part with it.

Col.

i have a ml55 amg 20mpg on motorways and it cheap to run lpg it cost 2k 49.9 at the pumps...:bannana:

Hi i own a ML55 AMG. no doubt this threads dead. but ive only just spotted it.:rolleyes:

I bought it in 2002 two years old, and still have it. after putting 120k worth of fuel in the tank:doh:

It is a 'minter' and worth bugger all, but i wouldnt turn back the clock.
Previously owned both the C36 and C43.

I have friends with x5's and RR sport's, this stands out in a different way and after 7 years i still cant part with it.

Col.
Does an ML55AMG really stand out? I know us anaroks could spot the difference but to Mr Average, it is just another 4x4. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge AMG fan and it is whatever floats your boat but if I wanted performance in a 4x4, then you would have a hard job convincing me not to go for a 420Cdi, but that V8 does not have the same burble (rumble) :devil:

I guess there's a fair risk of having protestors from Greenpeace / Friends of the Earth / etc. camped outside your house though :)

De-badge....that's what I've done on the ML500 ;)

We looked at three 55's but ended up buying a 500. We wanted a 7 seater, the 55 didnt come with the option but if you drop the spare wheel in the boot you can retro so that was what i wanted to do. Huge fun noise, scarily quick but it couldnt handle the power, and the ride quality was shocking. Our 500 still ahs a poor ride, but much much better than the 55 amg's did.

Just seen post

Hi all - new to the club. I have a ML55 AMG and a very nice one it is to. I looked at a few and saw some rough ones. I had to goto Swindon from Cromer in Norfolk for this one but it was worth it. Been very well looked after and its had nice quality touches to enhance it. Its got OZ 22" alloys, split side steps which curve up, A frame bull bar, rear seat conversion so has 6 seats, 4 DVD screens, playstation, Parrot blutooth system, full service history, daytime led running lights fitted myself, 2001 car and got her for 6500. Just over 100k on the clock, previous owner serviced her every 6 months. I get a combined mpg of 19 but my driving is mainly town and rurel lanes. On the m-way last week my average was 24. Lpg, stainless exhaust next on my list. :)

any one have an email address for jon sturgeon i cant pm him as have just joined
and cant pm

I suspect he's not a member anymore judging by his details and his post was back in 2010!

Quite a rare car TBH.

They are pretty horrific on fuel.

I am an ex ml55 owner also had an na e55 and sl55 komp now have an ml63 n/a. Ml 55s are hugely underrated owned one for 45k miles over 4 years and averaged 19 mpg combined 15mpg when towing my 2 tonne powerboat to Scotland from its home near exeter. The 55 motor is one of the most fuel efficient engines of its type at the time this was the main reason I bought it, previous tow car was an overfinch 630R and that was thirsty think 9 mpg on combined cycle 12 at a steady 60 mph used nearly as much as the boat....... (not litterally)
If you dislike diesel don't do a big mileage ml55s offer amazing vfm and mine was utterly reliable despite being a pre facelift.. Mybe I was lucky but I would have another, very good tow car ( relatively small, heavy and powerful).
Difference in mpg between w210 e55 and ml55 approx 6 mpg insurance was good value and other running costs very reasonable if you keep out of the dealer network......

I've just sold a ML55 and the phone went off the hook for it!

Managing 11-13mpg and with petrol this week heading back to £1.38 litre it's the most eco-friendly car on the planet. I leave my bicycle next to it or get a taxi, saving all the fuel!

Im female and own a 2002 ML55 AMG. Love it, yes the fuel consumption is harsh, but hey its worth it. i get 16mpg at its worst.

Im female and own a 2002 ML55 AMG. Love it, yes the fuel consumption is harsh, but hey its worth it. i get 16 mpgh at its worst.

Yes they are great cars. We have to tow a few station around with ours!!!

Had one for a year. Great car and sorely miss it. Mpg was as stated 12-19 mpg but why buy a big v8 and then moan about running costs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom