ML55 ATF and filter change.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CHRISCHANCE

Car
ML55 AMG
I have searched through my owners manual and can't find the specs for ATF so I'm looking at Valvoline Max Life with a shot of Lubeguard Platinum to change the transmission fluid.

Also, I can't find the capacity how much is required to refill.

I know I cannot completely drain the system so I'll catch the drainage and measure how much comes out but it would be good to know how much to buy before I start.

If somebody has done this maybe you can give me some idea.

Black C55 done a fantastic write up on this.
Someone will be along to point you in the right direction!

You can drain most of the fluid just be careful to follow the procedure

Thank you for the link to Ollie's vid. Great stuff.

I've ordered Fuchs Titan ATF and I'm picking up other bits from merc Northampton.

I read another of Ollie's posts where he states that if the filler cap retaining clip is black, rather than the replacement red, the auto transmission has never been checked. My clip is black. So my car is running on original ATF and has been for 15 years! If that is so, I wonder why the various Merc dealerships that have serviced the car have never checked the ATF?

I have no reason to doubt the stamps are real; ranging from Dartford, Liskeard, Truro, Callington and Plymouth with a mix of A and B services.

Anyway, I bought a new pollen filter and changed it today. The existing filter is absolutely solid with muck and the amount of gunge that fell from the housing was incredible.

I am now waiting for a new dipstick to arrive - I can't wait to see the colour of the ATF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom